Here read out some of the important questions of professional knowledge section which were asked in IBPS Specialist Officer 2012-13. These questions will be helpful in getting an overview about the pattern of questions which may ask in IBPS Specialist officer 2014 Scale I/II (Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/Personnel Officer, Marketing Officer, Chartered Accountant, Manager Credit/Finance Executive).
1. Who among the following is the recipient of the Padma Vibhushan given in 2012?
(a) Late (Dr.) Bhupen Hazarika (b) Sri Vanraj Bhatia (c) Sri Javed Akhtar (d) Sri Amitabh Bachhan (e) Smt. Ambika Soni
2. Under the liberalized scheme of interest subsidy, Government of India provides interest subsidy on housing loan at the rate of __________
(a) 0.50% (b) 1.00% (c) 2.00% (d) 2.00% + 1.00% for prompt repayment (e) None of these
3. When Bank provides a loan for purchase of white goods, it is known as _______ loan
4. India has decided to acquire Rafale Fighter planes for its air force wing. Which country is going to supply these planes?
(a) Italy (b) Britain (c) Canada (d) France (e) Germany
5. The rate below which banks cannot generally lend is called as __________
(a) Base rate (b) Floor rate (c) Repo rate (d) Call money rate (e) Ceiling rate
6. As per the data released by the Union Health Ministry (of India) the infant mortality rate is lowest in which state?
7. Dada Saheb Phalke Awards are given by theMinistry of ____________
8. Which of the following is not a type of Cheque?
(a) Crossed cheque (b) Blank cheque (c) Speed cheque (d) Bearer cheque (e) Order cheque
9. Mr. John Key is the present Prime Minister of _________?
10. Which of the following is the name of an autonomous organization for rural technology?
(a) CAPART (b) MGNREGA (c) PURA (d) IRDP (e) NGAPS
11. With a view to facilitate payment of balance in deposit account to the person named by the deposition without any hassles in the event of death of the account holder, the following facility was introduced in bank accounts in our country?
(a) Will (b) Registration (c) Nomination (d) Indemnity (e) Guarantee
12. Which of the following countries is NOT a member of ASEAN?
(a) Thailand (b) Myanmar (c) Singapore (d) Vietnam (e) Brazil
13. Which of the following is not a Negotiable Instrument?
(a) Cheque (b) Fixed Deposit Receipt (c) Promissory Note (d) Bill of Exchange
(e) All (a) to (d) above are negotiable instruments
14. Which Stock Exchanges in India launched “Carbon Index” so that investors can assess risk and opportunities associated with climate change?
15. Who represented India in 17th SAARC Summit held at Addu in Maldives in November 2011?
16. What is the maximum balance amount that is eligible for earning interest in a normal saving bank account?
(a) Rs. 1 lac (b) Rs. 2 lacs (c) Rs.3 lacs (d) Rs. 5 lacs (e) No limit
17. When a customer opens a Deposit account with the Bank, which one of the following is the status of the Bank?
(a) Debtor (b) Creditor (c) Trustee (d) Beneficiary (e) None of these
18. Which of the following states decided to give Khatedhari Rights to about 30,000 farmers occupying the custodian lands?
19. Which of the following functions are not being performed by the Reserve Bank of India?
(a) Regulation of Banks in India (b) Regulation of Foreign Direct Investment in India
(c) Foreign Currency Management in India (d) Control & Supervision of Monday Supply
(e) Currency Management in India
20. A bank is called as ‘Scheduled Bank’ when ______________
21. Australian govt. recently decided to sell Uranium to India. Uranium is used mainly for _______